Minnesota Council on Transportation Access publications
See MCOTA's Guiding Documents for MCOTA's annual reports, strategic plan, and other guidance.
Volunteer Driver Program Publications
- Volunteer Mileage Reimbursement Fact Sheet (PDF)
- Minnesota Department of Revenue Volunteer Mileage Reimbursement website
The following research reports were developed for the Council to support transportation coordination throughout the state.
- Best Practices for Addressing Youth Employment and Training Transportation (PDF, 2018)
This MCOTA-sponsored study found that youth throughout Minnesota are likely to face employment transportation issues.
- 2018 Volunteer Driver Program Forum summary (PDF)
Summary and highlights from the May 2018 state-wide Volunteer Driver Program Forum, a day-long event that brought together those running volunteer driver programs and other stakeholders to share information to maintain and strengthen the programs.
- Public/Private Partnerships in Transit: Case Studies and Analysis (PDF, 2017)
This study focuses on six public/private partnerships that involve transportation network companies (TNCs), such as Lyft and Uber.
- Cost-Benefit Analysis of Volunteer Driver Programs: Minnesota Case Studies (PDF, 2017)
This study identified the economic benefits of volunteer driver programs in Minnesota, using six volunteer driver programs as case studies.
- Volunteer Driver Programs in Minnesota: Benefits and Barriers (PDF, 2017)
This study surveyed organizations that use volunteer drivers and the challenges and opportunities they face.
- Minnesota Transit Funding Primer (PDF, 2015)
This study identified the various sources for transit funding at all levels of government.
- Common Standards for Reporting Financial Information for Transportation (PDF, 2015)
This study examined ways to standardize recordkeeping and reporting at the state level.
- Vehicle Sharing Among Human Service Providers in Minnesota: Steps to Address Barriers (PDF, 2013)
A study on how vehicle sharing works and how it could be improved among human service providers in Minnesota.
- NEMT Coordinators in Minnesota (PDF, 2013)
A study on how Minnesota counties use coordinators to deliver non-emergency medical transportation.
- Calculating Benefits of Transit Coordination: Minnesota Case Studies (PDF, 2013)
An analysis of the economic costs and benefits of transit coordination strategies in Minnesota.
- Synthesis of 2011 Greater Minnesota regional plans (PDF, 2012)
A summary of the 2011 local coordination plans in Greater Minnesota.
- Successful Local Transportation Coordination Case Studies (PDF, 2011)
Highlights examples of various types of transportation coordination throughout the Minnesota.